12.18.2013

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES


We had our first big snow fall this weekend. It finally felt like December, and I was overwhelmed by a desire to go skiing. Since skiing wasn't exactly in the cards, I settled for a super snowy walk through Kensington Market. The Market is such a different place when it snows...so calm, clean and peaceful. When I got home from my walk, I realized that nothing would be better then curling up on the couch and enjoying an oven-fresh cookie. Though I wanted to try making these, or these, I lost the battle to my cookie monster and settled on classic oatmeal raisin.


OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES // makes 15-20 cookies

Preheat oven to 350.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbsp warm water
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup oats
~1 cup raisins

What to do:

Combine the melted butter, and sugars in a large bowl. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.

Continue to add the water, flour, baking soda and cinnamon, and stir to combine. Add the oats and raisins and mix.

Place 1" spoonfuls of the batter on a parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.